Golden Ark 595
"Many writers and thinkers have tried to define Freemasonry but it
really defeats definition. It is too complex, too profound in
conception, to easily expressed in words. Perhaps the simplest and
best definition of all is the phrase "the brotherhood of man under the
fatherhood of God." Our Masonic forefathers had an understanding
of human needs and human aspirations. They may never have
dreamed of the mindless computer which governs our lives, or the
fission of matter which threatens our lives, but they understood
human nature and what motivates the spirit of man. Thus from a
simple process of using stone and mortar for building they
progressed to the most important of life's functions, the building of
-Louis L. Williams
We could fill pages and pages about Freemasonry, the Grand Lodge of Michigan
has done an excellent job of explaining it on their website : Share the Secret.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MASON?
Consider the following:
1. You must be a man, at least 19 years old.
2. You must reside in the state of Michigan for at least one full year. (six months
for military personnel)
3. You must have a belief in a Supreme Being of any faith. (No particular religion
or faith is required or excluded; all are welcome.)
4. You should be someone who does, or wants to learn to, enjoy the company of
other men from all different social classes, faiths, backgrounds, races, countries,
etc. Masonry is universal in its ideals.
5. You should be coming to Masonry "of your own free will and accord", to learn
to improve yourself and to enjoy the company of other good people, not because
someone keeps pestering you to join or because you think it will help you "get
ahead" in business.
6. You must be loyal to our country, a law abiding citizen and of good character.
7. You must ask to join. Many Masons whom you may come in contact with, may
think you'd make a good Mason, but they will NOT ask you to join, you must ASK
If you are interested in becoming a Mason, you can stop by one of our public
events or contact the lodge office.